UX CONSULTANT (R 20 000 – R 25 000)
We are looking for an experienced mid-weight UX specialist who is passionate about delivering exceptional user experiences for digital customers.
The role of the UX Specialist at our client is to define the user experience, flow and information architecture for any digital application. The UX Designer is the link between our clients’ business strategy and our production team, ensuring that great ideas and strategies are translated into intuitive experiences that are memorable and unique. You will be working within an established team of User Experience Designers, taking advantage of our excellent training and career development whilst working closely with the design and development teams in creating compelling user interfaces on multiple platforms. You must be conceptual, work accurately with strong attention to detail. Your experience and creative talent should be evident through your portfolio and CV. This is an opportunity to develop into an end-to-end User Experience (UX) guru with a full process skill set, through exposure to international clients and cutting edge projects.
Desired Skills & experience
- Familiarity with best practice user experience, and the ability to keep up and grow with this constantly changing environment
- Minimum two years experience in designing and documenting web-based applications, involving detailed flows, wireframes and business rules
- Extensive knowledge of usability and UI design principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of design and the creative processes
- Knowledge of user-centred design principles and processes
- Ability and experience in defining Information Architecture and understanding of cognitive psychology principles
- Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of visualisation tools like Balsamiq, Visio/ Omnigraffle or Axure and Illustrator for generating wireframes and behaviour specifications
- Organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work with strategic, conceptual, visual, analytical and technical colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems and interactions
- A good understanding of the types of experiences that are possible using current digital technologies
- Knowledge of web standards and best practice
- Interest in new technology and innovations
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CV!