OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Directly manage and control the following Finance Operations:-
- Accounts Payable ; Local
- Accounts Payable ; Foreign (R300m book with multi-currency)
- Internal Audit
- Business Valuations
- Financial evaluation for Credit Reviews
- Assist FD with the day to day operation of:-
- Indirect Channel Administration
- Branch Administration
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Contract Administration
Within areas of management, implement the necessary control processes to ensure that:-
- Corporate Policy Requirements are maintained;
- Company Resources and Assets are safeguarded
- All transactions are properly accounted for and reported in terms of IFRS and corporate policy.
- There is compliance with all legal requirements (Tax, Forex, Company Law etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely provision of required reports/information/inputs to internal customers, mainly:- Altron, BTG & BDS Exco
- Protect the integrity of the balance sheet through regular review of all Balance Sheet reconciliations. (At least 4 full reviews per year by FM personally)
- Ensure proper support of External Audit, Corporate Project Teams, Banker;s etc., to ensure optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare and/or review budgets and forecasts.
- Identify and analyse issues affecting financial performance/ internal control, contribute to the formulation of appropriate improvements and report to the Financial Director.
- Project Management: valuation of businesses and project manage acquisitions and disposals of businesses.
- Provide support in achievement of corporate targets set by management by providing financial and business skills where necessary e.g. Borrowing, Forex, Internal Control, Expenditure and Revenue Targets and review of financial models related to tenders and large deals.
- Exhibit a proactive approach in attending to customer problems and needs and avoidance of customer dissatisfaction, to display a total commitment in putting the customer first
- Manage and control branch/various business units; financial administration
- Maintain a pro-active approach towards the recruitment, selection and development of previously disadvantaged staff, to actively demonstrate a commitment to the success of the company’s Employment Equity program and to achieve the targets which may be set in terms of the program from time to time.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses and career objective of staff through the process of realistic career counselling, and identify and ensure implementation of relevant training. Monitor effectiveness of training and submit any required career counselling reports
Revenue R2.2 billion
Total payments R2.6 billion
Fixed Assets R150 million
Current Assets R1 billion
Current Liabilities R500 million
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Registered Chartered Accountant with strong management skills.
- Ability to deal with complex accounting matters.
- Strong knowledge: – and ability to apply latest accounting standards.
- of current and deferred taxation.
- and experience of Oracle or SAP ERP Suite of programs
- At least 7 to 10 years Financial Management experience.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong planning capability.
– self motivated and able to motivate and develop staff.
– able to deal with sensitive information confidentially and professionally.
– deadline orientated with strong problem solving capability.
- unquestionable work ethic and be able to exercise judgment.
- good attention to detail and adopt a hands on management style.
- Honesty and integrity of the highest order.
- Must be prepared to work extra hours to meet corporate deadlines